Level 3 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (Sept 19)
This City and Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the current IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671 2018 requirements for electrical installations.
Course Learning Areas:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671: 2018
- Electrical definitions
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Electrical testing and inspection
- Specialist installations or locations
- Use of information within the BS7671 2018 appendices
- Assessment includes a 2 hour on-line multi-choice examination
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against fire-installation of arc fault detection devices
- Protection against transient over voltage
All Theory is supported by a Computer Based Learning Platform, which can be accessed via a smart Phone, Computer or Tablet. This platform contains all the course materials required for the course and fully supports students by providing an interactive learning program for the whole course.
Experience in the construction industry
Where does it lead:
Following this course you have a number of options:
It allows candidates to progress into employment, though not as a fully qualified electrician, or to the following City and Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.